Location: Des Moines, IA
Description: Sets up, operates and monitors a heart-lung pump and other ancillary monitoring and life support equipment during open-heart surgery procedures. Services the patient from neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric. Assists in the coordination of the ECMO program by organizing the training of staff and ECMO specialists with the direction of the ECMO Coordinator.
• Completion and graduation from an accredited Perfusion Technology training program.
• Board certified or eligible for certification.
• Pediatric experience desired.
• Ability to read, write and speak English language.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire.
• Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire