Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Description: This position is responsible for all clinical aspects of perfusion services, including operation of the equipment necessary to maintain extra corporeal circulation during any situation where it is necessary to support or temporarily replace the patient’s circulatory and/or respiratory function. Experience with CABG, valve, heart and lung transplants, aortic dissection/ aneurysm repair, VAD, and ECMO is encouraged. Limited IABP involvement, no ECMO or VAD monitoring. Be part of a new team at an established and growing cardiovascular center performing 700+ cases per year at the University of Utah in beautiful Salt Lake City.
- Responsible for all clinical aspects of perfusion services including cardio pulmonary support, cell saving, PRP, ECMO/VAD setup and initiation/ removal
- Maintain homeostatic parameters while on CPB
- Keeps appropriate record in compliance with all regulatory and university policies
- Submits appropriate documentation for credentialing on annual basis
- Works closely with OR manager and clinical nurse coordinator to ensure compliance with all operating room policies and procedures
- Able to handle high stress situations, work as part of a team mentality