Position: Perfusionist - Surgery
Location: McHenry, IL
Perfusionist - Surgery
FULL-TIME | McHenry
• Monitor oxygenator, and adjust gas flow as needed.
• Operate centrifugal and roller pumps to maintain adequate cardiac output.
• Monitor blood temperature, O2, CO2, pH, venous saturations; adjust as needed.
• Monitor blood electrolytes, potassium, sodium, and calcium.
• Monitor heparin management of patient while on bypass.
• Chart patients’ vital parameters on perfusion record at regular intervals; communicate to surgeon and anesthesiologist any deviations from the norm.
• Operate cell-salvaging system in the O.R. to retrieve, process, and return shed blood back to patient.
We seek a caring perfusionist with these qualifications.
• CCP or board eligible
• Graduate of an accredited perfusion school; BS desired
• Annual certification with American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion desired, with proof to NMH of that certification in good standing
A better career is here.
Northwestern Medicine offers the exceptional resources, education, growth opportunities, and benefits. For information and to apply, please visit:
Please see complete job description above.