Position: Perfusionist- (New Grads welcome)
Location: Maywood, IL
Loyola Medicine, treating the whole person with compassion—to "also treat the human spirit." The Cardiac Support/Perfusion Department seeks a Perfusionist to facilitate the expansion of the Cardiovascular Surgery Program at MacNeal Hospita and will be incorporates into the perfusion team to cover CV cases at Loyola, Gottlieb and MacNeal.
Location- Maywood, IL
Hours: Full-Time- Rotating Schedule/On-Call
The Perfusionist will be responsible for operating extracorporeal circulation equipment during any medical situation where it is necessary to support or temporarily replace the patient’s circulatory or respiratory function. Will be knowledgeable with a variety of equipment, including ventricular assist devices, to perform extracorporeal circulation functions and is responsible in consultation with the physician to select the appropriate equipment and techniques to be used. Will Assists in the conservation of blood and blood products.
Magis & Service Excellence Accountabilities
• Responsible for consistently demonstrating our Magis values of Care, Concern, Respect and
• Cooperation through teamwork and effective communication in an effort to prevent and solve problems and to achieve quality outcomes, patient safety, customer satisfaction and a safe environment.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining an environment of service excellence as outlined in the Service Excellence standards.
• Bachelor's Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education
• Specify Degree(s): Graduate of accredited perfusion program
• Less than one year of previous job-related experience
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Word
• Ability to communicate verbally
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures
• Other: Participating in perfusion call schedules incorporating flexible work hours.
• Wear personal protective equipment for lengthy periods at a time
• Ability to effectively deal with staff and equipment during life threatening situations. Attend meetings, participation in research when needed, contributing to publications and attending continuation education courses in order to maintain re-certification.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3-5 years of previous job-related experience
• Valid Illinois State Driver's License
• Other: Satisfactory completion of annual hospital based mandatory Safety and Compliance test,
• CPR and TB testing. (Must be completed within 90-day orientation period)
• Other: Loyola internal e-mail EPIC Excel data input
• CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
• Perfusion Certification from the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
• Perfusionist License from the State of Illinois
Contact: claudia Fortuna -firstname.lastname@example.org