Position: Pediatric Perfusionist
Location: St. Louis Children's Hospital
Description: Under the general supervision of the Chief Perfusionist and attending physician, the Staff Perfusionist provides extracorporeal circulation/cardiopulmonary bypass and related perfusion activities during surgical procedures.
- Conducts cardiopulmonary bypass including, but not inclusive of the procedure to be performed. Selects supplies required for the procedure, sets up, primes, and tear down of the equipment
- Administers pharmaceuticals and intravenous solutions under the supervision of attending cardiothoracic surgeon or anesthesiologist
- Evaluates new technology released by industry to assess its effectiveness and/or improvements to patient care; instructs and mentors peers on the use of equipment and supplies
- Selects, sets-up, operates and monitors the extracorporeal membrane oxygenator systems, ventricular assist devices, and paracorporeal lung assist devices according to hospital protocol
- Transports patients out from originating entity on extracoporeal devices by ground transportation and may participate in the transport (mobile or fixed-wing) of patients supported by extracorporeal devices to outside hospital.
- Bachelor's Degree- Nursing/Physical Sci/related
- Experience: <2 years
- Supervisor Experience: No Experience
- Licenses & Certifications: Licensed Perfusionist, New Grad Provisional License
- Experience - 2-5 years
- Cert Clinical Perfusionist
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Contact: Tawana Gates at email@example.com