Position: Pediatric Perfusionist
Location: Boston, MA
Boston Children’s Hospital currently has openings for perfusionists looking for a challenging and rewarding career in pediatric perfusion. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Cardiovascular Surgery Department and discover how your talents can change lives.
• Monitoring and controlling extracorporeal perfusion equipment during cardiopulmonary bypass surgery and related procedures on patients of all ages, while under the direction of a physician and in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of practice.
• Selecting, assembling and preparing equipment and supplies for assigned cases.
• Operating and maintaining equipment.
• Monitoring and evaluating physiologic data and making adjustments in perfusion parameters as needed.
• Administering prescription drugs, blood products and anesthetic agents through the extracorporeal circuit and inducing specified physiologic conditions, such as hypothermia and circulatory arrest, as ordered by a physician.
• Assisting with assigned projects in a collaborative environment.
To qualify, you must have:
•Graduated from an accredited Perfusion Training Program, with a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
•Current certification as a Clinical Perfusionist by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
•Perfusionist licensure through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
•Analytical skills to resolve complex problems requiring the use of scientific, mathematical, or technical principles and in‑depth, experienced‑based knowledge.
•The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) retirement savings plan, cash-value pension plan, tuition reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and more.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.