Position: Pediatric Perfusionist
Location: Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, MA
Description: At Boston Children’s Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. It’s in major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Cardiovascular Surgery Department and discover how your talents can change lives.
Our perfusion team is responsible for:
• Monitoring and controlling perfusion equipment during cardiopulmonary bypass and related procedures on patients of all ages, while under the direction of a physician and in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of practice.
• Selecting, assembling and preparing equipment for assigned cases.
• Operating and maintaining equipment.
• Monitoring and evaluating physiologic data and making adjustments in perfusion parameters as needed.
• Administering prescription drugs, blood products and anesthetic agents through the extracorporeal circuit and inducing specified physiologic conditions, such as hypothermia and circulatory arrest, as ordered by a physician.
• Assisting with inventory management.
• Assisting with assigned projects as part of a collaborative cardiovascular team
Requirements: To qualify, you must have:
• Graduated from an accredited Perfusion Training Program, with a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred. New grads are encouraged to apply.
• Current certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
• Perfusionist licensure through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
• Analytical skills to resolve complex problems requiring the use of scientific, mathematical, or technical principles and in depth, experienced based knowledge.
• The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
Contact: Please visit http://www.childrenshospital.org/career-opportunities