Position: Pediatric Perfusionist
Location: Orlando, FL
Description: Qualified applicants will join our current staff of 2 perfusionists to share responsibility for all aspects of extracorporeal life support, including, but not limited to, initiation and operation of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) and ventricular assist devices (VADs), and the training and supervision of ECMO specialists and associated clinical staff caring for ECMO and VAD patients. Serve as an integral team member to the perfusion team who select, prepare, and operate the extracorporeal circuit and all ancillary equipment used in cardiac and non-cardiac surgical procedures and long-term circulatory support. Works in close cooperation with the surgical/medical team in the extracorporeal perfusion process during routine and emergency open-heart procedures. The position actively supports the Hospital's and the department's continuous quality improvement and customer service goals, through modeling of appropriate behavior and by providing a work environment conducive to attaining these goals.
1. Current certified Clinical Perfusionist by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion or certification eligible (New Grads are Welcome!) and BLS certification from the American Heart Association
2. Share on-call responsibilities with Perfusion Team
3. Ensures all ECMO and VAD systems are functional and set up for emergency use.
4. Functions as a clinician, with advanced knowledge and skills, delivering direct care to patients and their families on site at Nemours Children’s Hospital and offsite during ECMO and VAD transports.
5. Demonstrates skill in all areas of the direct care of ECMO patients including priming and component changes to the ECMO circuit.
Contact: Maybelline Mena (Maybelline.Mena@nemours.org)