Position: Pediatric Perfusionist
Location: Nickaus Children's Hospital, Miami, Fl
Description: The Heart Program, at Nicklaus Children's Hospital, Florida. Has an opening for a staff Perfusionist. The qualified candidate will reside in the Miami area and will be the fourth member of our team. The position offers salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits including: health and dental coverage, long and short term disability, life insurance, professional liability insurance, meeting reimbursement and a retirement plan.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Chief Perfusionist and Cardiovascular surgeon, provides perfusion coverage for all open heart procedures, standby on all closed heart procedures and standby for the Cardiac Cath Lab as needed. Available for ECMO start-up / trouble shooting / CPS management and acts as an educator in above areas when needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Eligible to sit for national boards, or actively pursuing certification if not already certified
- Graduate from an accredited perfusion school with a Bachelor of Science in perfusion technology
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and co-workers, using effective oral and written communication skills and maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information
- Interprets, adapts and reacts calmly under stressful conditions
- Additional Job Duties
- Participates in committees, seminars, and education offerings in their field
- Perfusion call
Contact: Jorge W. Ojito, BS, CCP, FPP, email@example.com