Position: Lead Perfusionist
Location: Boston, MA
Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) currently has an opportunity for an experienced American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) certified Perfusionist to join a team of 17 full time Perfusionists and 3 Mechanical Assist Specialists as the Lead Perfusionist. This advanced position offers tremendous opportunity for job satisfaction and professional growth by combining a complex clinical caseload with multiple administrative responsibilities. The MGH Lead Perfusionist will be a role model, mentor and liaison providing oversight and support alongside the Director of Perfusion Services.
Lead Perfusionist responsibilities include:
• Daily oversight of clinical operations.
• Maintenance of professional and clinical team competencies.
• Administrator of QI database for Perfusion activities.
• Collaborate with the Director of Perfusion Services on hiring and annual evaluations.
• Participation in monthly schedule development and timekeeping as needed.
• Availability to cover unexpected staffing requirements with short notice.
The MGH Lead Perfusionist position offers tremendous opportunities to apply an advanced perfusion skillset and leadership qualities across the spectrum of our profession within a singular institution. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of 5 years of experience as an ABCP certified clinical perfusionist with a broad clinical acumen. Management or leadership experience, active participation on their current cardiac surgical team and contributions to national and/or local perfusion societies will be considered favorably.