Position: Lead Perfusionist
Location: New Orleans, LA - Ochsner Health System
Description: New Orleans based, Ochsner Health System is seeking a Lead Perfusionist to lead a system based team & work closely with the ECMO Manager to assist in the development & advancement of the ECMO program & achieve national ECMO recognition.
- Run daily operations of perfusion on several campuses
- Trains new employees to department standards and to call availability
- Evaluates and implements new and progressive ECMO equipment and techniques as they become available
- Organizes and maintains all department equipment and reference literature to assure its proper availability, function, and arrange for solutions to problems
Requirements: Required - Bachelor's degree in Perfusion Technology
- Required - 5 years clinical experience including adult and pediatric perfusion, extensive ECMO and cardiac assist device experience.
- Required - Certified by The American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
- Current License as a Perfusionist issued by The Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners
- Experience working as a team member in order to deliver a high level of patient care, working with and maintaining confidential information, and working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
Contact: Julie Little | Jlittle@ochsner.org | https://ochsner.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=059673&lang=en