Position: Director of Perfusion Services
Location: Buffalo, NY
Procirca is actively recruiting Director to join the team of four staff perfusionists and one perfusion assistant. The director is for the operational planning, development, design, and organization of the Perfusion, Blood Management, and ECMO Services within the CHS Mercy Hospital. This position provides leadership and management while assuring high quality, cost-effective perfusion service and customer care. Administrative to clinical duties are approximately 30%:70%. Shared call responsibilities with the four staff perfusionists.
Catholic Health System – Mercy Hospital is the regional leader in cardiac surgery and valve repair. Their team of experienced cardiac and vascular surgeons are focused on providing compassionate and personalized care in a cooperative and cohesive manner.
Current case volumes include 550-600 cardiac, 30 ECMO, and other blood management related procedures. ECMO coverage is provided using a hybrid model of nurses and perfusionists.
• Graduate of an CAAHEP accredited School of Cardiovascular Perfusion
• Current ABCP Certification
• New York State Perfusion License.
• Five years of clinical experience as an ABCP Certified Clinical Perfusionist.
• MBA, or relevant master’s degree preferred
• Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database management preferred
• 2 years supervisory/management experience preferred