Position: Clinical Perfusionist
Location: Boston, MA
An excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group is seeking 2 professional, experienced Clinical Board Certified Cardiac Perfusionists with a Certification in Auto-transfusion. Join one of the leading providers of services to loyal veterans who have served our country.
West Roxbury Veterans Administration Medical Center
• Provides qualified Clinical Perfusion and/ or Auto-transfusion for the Open-Heart Surgery Program services to Veterans.
• Provides patient care in support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of circulatory system during cardiopulmonary surgical procedures.
• Supports the physiological and metabolic needs of the surgical patient so that the surgeon may operate on a still non-beating heart.
• Utilization of the heart-lung machine, as well as its associated components of an oxygenator, filters, reservoirs, and tubing
• Responsible for the circulatory and respiratory functions of the heart-lung machine.
• Shall assist the Cardio-Thoracic service with by-pass surgical cases and valve replacement of various types.
Qualifications and Education:
• Completion of an accredited Allied Health Education Program School of Perfusion Technology program.
• Current certification as a Clinical Perfusionist as recognized by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP)
• Must have a minimum of at least two (2) years’ experience as a Clinical Perfusionist
• Experience shall be demonstrated in the following areas: Open heart surgery, auto-transfusion, heart-lung machine, membrane oxygenation, left/right heart bypass, intra-aortic balloon pumping and centrifugal ventricular assist device.
Posterity Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled