Position: Clinical Perfusionist
Location: Memphis, TN
An excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group is seeking a professional, experienced Clinical Cardiac Perfusionist and Assistant Perfusionist. Join one of the leading providers of services to loyal veterans who have served our country.
Role and Responsibilities:
VA Memphis Healthcare System
1030 Jefferson Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104
• Ideal candidate must be a motivated self-starter with great attention to detail and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Provide qualified Clinical Perfusion and/ or Autotransfusion for the Open-Heart Surgery Program services to Veterans. Provides patient care in support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of circulatory system during cardiopulmonary surgical procedures.
• Support the physiological and metabolic needs of the surgical patient so that the surgeon may operate on a still non-beating heart.
• Utilization of the heart-lung machine, as well as its associated components of an oxygenator, filters, reservoirs, and tubing
• Responsible for the circulatory and respiratory functions of the heart-lung machine.
Qualifications and Education:
• Completion of an accredited Allied Health Education Program School of Perfusion Technology program.
• Current certification as a Clinical Perfusionist as recognized by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP)
• Must have a minimum of at least two (2) years’ experience as a Clinical Perfusionist
• Experience shall be demonstrated in the following areas: Open heart surgery, autotransfusion, heart-lung machine, membrane oxygenation, left/right heart bypass, intra-aortic balloon pumping and centrifugal ventricular assist device.