Position: Clinical Perfusionist - Pediatrics
Location: Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital of New York / Columbia University Irving Medical Center, New York, NY
Description: Join our team and become an integral part of one of the finest Pediatric Cardiac Surgery programs in the country. The pediatric perfusion section at Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center cares for some of the sickest and most complex patients in the country and we are looking for motivated, skilled clinicians to join our expert team.
Pediatric Perfusionists are expected to provide specialized care to all patients from birth through 21 years of age. They will also share their expertise in caring for adult patients with congenital heart disease and other related assignments deemed necessary to support perfusion services at New York Presbyterian. Pediatric Perfusionists report to the Director of Perfusion Services and the Chief Pediatric Perfusionist while being responsible for the utilization, operation, and implementation of the cardiopulmonary bypass circuit to deliver exceptional care to our patients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from a recognized college or university, enrolled in an accredited school of Cardiovascular Perfusion, and have completed the case requirements to sit for the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion Board Examination
- Graduation from an accredited perfusion program
- American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion Certification (ABCP)
- Perfusion license in New York State / pending license due to recent relocation or recent graduation.
- Interest in research and presenting at National conferences.
Contact: Michael P. Brewer, CCP, FPP - email@example.com