Position: Chief Perfusionist
Location: San Francisco, CA
Description: Excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group is seeking a professional, experienced Chief Cardiovascular Perfusionist. Join one of the leading providers of services to loyal veterans who have served our country. The Department of Veterans Affairs provides an excellent setting to practice the art and science of Clinical Cardiovascular Perfusion.
Veterans Affairs Medical Center
4150 Clement Street
San Franciso, CA 94121
Duties/Responsibilities: Responsible for the Cardiothoracic Surgery and Cardiology services and facilitating the transcatheter aortic valve program at the San Francisco VA Medical Center.
Performance with the following procedures and equipment:
• Cardiopulmonary Bypass
• Off-Pump Procedures- Standby Cardiopulmonary Bypass
• Cell Saver Auto transfusion
• Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump
• Cardiac Assist Devices: Medtrinoc Biomedicus Ventricular Assist Devices (VAD)
• Extra-corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
Shall perform administrative/maintenance services, which include, but are not limited to the following:
• Meet with the Chief, Cardiac Surgery to review performance and delivery of perfusion
service and to revise individual surgeon guidelines. Participate in Cardiac Surgery Quality Improvement Meetings as required.
• Assist VA Inventory Specialist in management of required supplies and equipment. Track materials used and their cost.
• Make recommendations on the type and quantity of supplies and equipment required to
maintain the level of service outlined herein.
• Perform routine and maintenance checks of all equipment used.
• Maintain work area in a safe and orderly manner and perform other related activities
and special assignments as required.
• Operate cardiopulmonary equipment in the event of an emergency or power failure.
Must have at least fifteen (15) years of experience performing cardiovascular perfusion services.
Must have significant training and experience with the following processes/procedures:
• ECMO and VADs
• Transporting patients on ECMO between hospitals
• Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
• Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest with antegrade and/or retrograde cerebral perfusion
• Left atrial-femoral bypass
• Tubing pack design and maintenance
Possess current license in a state, territory, or commonwealth of the United states or the District of Columbia or meet either the requirements of the state of California Perfusion Titling Act as defined in the state of California Business Professions Code Chapter 5.67 or be board certified by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Ability to operate biomedical computer equipment and software