Position: Cardiovascular Perfusionist
Location: George E. Whalen Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 500 Foothill Drive Salt Lake City, UT
Description: Excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group is seeking a professional, experienced Cardiovascular Perfusionist. Join one of the leading providers of services to loyal veterans who have served our country.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The contractor shall perform onsite Perfusion Services in the treatment of care for eligible veteran beneficiaries as referred and authorized by the (VAMC).
- Give drug therapy and medications as necessary to maintain homeostasis.
- Maintain intra-operative and initial post-operative files of extracorporeal circulation data records and patient response postoperatively.
- Must be able to operate the heart-lung machine, intra-aortic balloon pump, cell saver and blood salvaging equipment, and ventricular assist devices during open heart and coronary bypass surgery during complex and critical cases.
- Ability to analyze blood gases and laboratory results for cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Provide instruction for physicians, nurses, residents, medical and nursing students, and other personnel in perfusion procedures, equipment operation and maintenance, etc.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited Allied Health Education Program School of perfusion Technology.
- Possess current license in any state, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia.
- Current certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP).
- Have at least three (3) years of experience providing perfusion services.
- Must have current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS).
Contact: email@example.com , Phone: (301) 232-5675