Position: Cardiovascular Perfusionist
Location: Madison, WI
William S. Middleton VA Hospital
2500 Overlook Terrace
Madison, WI 53705
Excellent opportunity exist to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group is seeking a professional, experienced Cardiovascular Perfusionist. Join one of the leading providers of services to loyal veterans who have served our country. The Department of Veterans Affairs provides an excellent setting to practice the art and science of Clinical Cardiovascular Perfusion.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ideal candidate must be a motivated self-starter with great attention to detail and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Provide qualified Clinical Perfusion and/ or Auto transfusion services to Veterans. Provides patient care in support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of circulatory system during cardiopulmonary surgical procedures.
- Support the physiological and metabolic needs of the surgical patient so that the surgeon may operate on a still non-beating heart.
- Utilization of the heart-lung machine, as well as its associated components of an oxygenator, filters, reservoirs, and tubing
- Responsible for the circulatory and respiratory functions of the heart-lung machine.
- Completion of an accredited university based perfusion program and/or current certification as a clinical perfusionist as recognized by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
- At least one year of experience as a Clinical Perfusionist is necessary.
- Sufficient level of computer literacy to ensure capability of entering patient information in an Electronic Medical Record (EMC).
Proficiency in the use of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA) system and the Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS).
Contact: Phone: (301) 232-5675 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org