Position: Cardiovascular Perfusionist
Location: Columbia, MO
Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital
800 Hospital Drive
Columbia, MO 65201
Employer: Posterity Group, LLC
Description: Excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group is seeking a professional, experienced Cardiovascular Perfusionist. Join one of the leading providers of services to loyal veterans who have served our country.
Role and Responsibilities:
- The contractor shall perform onsite Perfusion Services in the treatment of care for eligible veteran beneficiaries as referred and authorized by the Columbia Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC).
- Assist the Cardio-Thoracic service with by-pass surgical cases and valve replacement of various types.
- Responsible for preparation and operation of the heart and lung machines/pumps in conjunction with maintaining a sterile environment for procedures maintaining blood volume in the patients preventing shock or air embolus.
- Assemble supplies and equipment in preparation to accept patient on extra corporeal circulation in cases of premature cardiac arrest or failure.
- Other services include preparation, maintenance and operation of VA owned equipment to include the heart lung machine, auto transfusion pump, intra-aortic balloon pump and centrifugal ventricular assist device
Requirements: Must be a graduate of an accredited Allied Health Education Program School of perfusion Technology
- Possess current license in any state, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of Columbia
- Current certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP)
- Have at least ten (10) years of experience and shall have performed a minimum of 1000 clinical cases
- Experience shall be demonstrated in the following areas: Open heart surgery, auto transfusion, heart lung machine, membrane oxygenation, left/right heart bypass, intra-aortic balloon pumping and centrifugal ventricular assist device.
Contact: Email: email@example.com or Phone: (301)232-5675