Position: AmSECT Director of Education
The Director of Education will lead a biennial Board-approved Task Force to develop AmSECT’s strategic direction and management for all educational products, including but not limited to conferences, AmSECT University (the Society’s learning management system), and other educational offerings. The Director will monitor and interpret trends in education and maintain knowledge of new trends in the technology and practice of extracorporeal circulation.
Specific responsibilities include:
In conjunction with the Board of Directors, the Director of Education will:
- Perform education needs assessments to determine knowledge gaps; the Board of Directors will determine frequency of assessments
- Develop and prioritize AmSECT’s overall education goals and strategy
- Eliminate and/or evaluate/refocus projects that are unsuccessful or have lost momentum.
- Identify areas where AmSECT can develop new educational products and work with AmSECT staff and committees to develop such products
- Collaborate and communicate with AmSECT’s staff for production and dissemination of educational content
- Participate in budget development and oversight for educational products and conferences
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of educational projects and scope
- Work collaboratively with conference planning committee(s) to include necessary content from educational strategic plan and participate as a member of the conference planning committee(s) in the planning, execution and evaluation of conferences
- Continually evaluate and enhance current platform, structure, and content for delivering online education to the perfusion and medical community
- Oversee AmSECT University and work collaboratively with AmSECT volunteers to enhance AmSECT’s online educational offerings
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least five years’ experience as a Certified Cardiovascular Perfusionist (CCP) preferred
- Prior experience as a clinical educator or master’s degree in education or related field preferred
- Must be a highly dependable worker with the ability to efficiently and effectively multitask, prioritize and problem solve
- Evidence of leveraging project management software
- Excellent organizational skills required.
The Director of Education will report directly to the AmSECT Board of Directors. The Director will work collaboratively with the Executive Director and Conference Planning Committee(s) Chair(s). The Director of Education will direct any/all education sub-contractors (e.g., instructional designers and/or volunteers charged with developing education courses).
The AmSECT Director of Education is a full-time, contract position, working remotely. Some evening and weekend hours are required. The position start date is April 1, 2018, with a starting salary of $75,000 (pro-rated for an April start date). Benefits are not provided.
Founded in 1964, the American Society of ExtraCorporeal Technology is a professional membership society with close to 2,000 members throughout the world. The Society’s mission is to foster improved patient care and safety by providing for the continuing education and professional needs of the extracorporeal circulation technology community.
The goals of the Society are diverse and include:
- National support of licensure through government relations
- Development of professional standards for perfusion
- Enhancement of perfusion scope of practice
- Development of continuing education programs on the national level
- Support of educational programs for entering perfusionists
- Scientific dissemination of knowledge through the publication of information in the indexed Journal of ExtraCorporeal Technology
- Distribution of current information through publication of the bi-monthly newsletter AmSECT Today
If you are interested in working with the Society, please send your curriculum vitae and three professional references by February 15 to: http://www.amsect.org/p/su/rd/survey=7a8eac3d-e5c7-11e7-bde4-bc764e10221b
AmSECT is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.